Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Practice Blog Post

What I Want My Students To Know

Who am I?
- My name
- Where I am from
- My interests and passions
- Why I am attending USA
Why do I want to be and educator?
- Who influenced me
- What kind of impact she had
What does an educator do in his or her practice?
- To teach the students
- To help the students appreciate learning and want to learn
- Help the students in a way they understand it

My name is Caroline Faith Kennedy and I am from Mobile, Alabama. I was born and raised here in Mobile until I was 16 years old which is when I moved to Katy, Texas with my parents to finish high school. Once I graduated high school I moved to Hattiesburg, Mississippi to attend the University of Southern Mississippi. I spent three and a half years of college there before transferring to the University of South Alabama here in Mobile. I truly enjoyed my time at Southern Miss, but I began to miss my hometown and my friends very much so I made the decision to transfer to South Alabama in the middle of my senior year. Throughout all of my high school and college years, I truly enjoyed three things; sports, history, and art. I loved volleyball, softball, and, especially, football. I guess you could say that football is my favorite season of the year. Another passion of mine is art. I have always enjoyed painting, sketching, and any kind of creative, artsy projects. A big passion of mine, though, is history.



When I was going through middle school, I had this one history teacher that was just one of the best teachers that I have ever known. She was so passionate about history and you could tell how much she loved teaching it to her students, but most importantly, you could see how proud of us she was when she would that light go on in our heads when we finally understood something. Mrs. Mason really cared about her students and she knew that each of us learned a different way, therefore she taught us in different ways. She is the reason I want to be a history teacher. Everyone could see how much she inspired her students and how much she let her students inspire her. Mrs. Mason is the example of how educators should practice and that is how I hope to practice. I want to get excited and proud of students when they finally understand something. I want to inspire students and teach them to enjoy what they are studying.

1 comment: