Monday, August 25, 2014

Blog Post 1

What About EDM310?

I have heard may things about the EDM310 class, probably more bad than good. Some negative things that I have heard are that it is very time consuming, requires much of your attention, and can be very hard if you are necessarily good with computers. When I signed up to take this class, I was honestly dreading it. I have friends that have taken this class before and they have said it can be very difficult for some people. Hearing this made me very scared because, honestly, I am not a good at prioritizing and I am a procrastinator. Of course, I will have to change that about myself in order to do well in this class. I have heard some positive things about this class, though. Most comments have been involving things about how much this class teaches you and how much you can benefit from it in the long run.

EDM310 is very different than my other classes. Most classes, especially my history courses, are about memorizing and regurgitating information and that is it. This class is very "hands on" I guess you could say. It allows to truly learn and gain the information we need in order to become "technologically literate" when we become teachers.

I think the most difficult part of EDM310 for me will be prioritizing my time and being sure to set aside enough time to get my work done. I work at Foosackly's and a little side job that takes up a lot of my time during the week and, especially, the weekends. I believe that being able to work an ample amount of time will be my biggest challenge to, but I also believe that I will be overcome it with some dedication.

1 comment: